Welcome to the Biostatistics and Epidemiology Students Association (BSESA) webpage. BSESA is a students' organization that supports extra-curricular development and activities for University of Oklahoma Health Science Center students and others interested in biostatistics and epidemiology.
The goal of BSESA is to offer faculty and students opportunities to exchange biostatistic and epidemiologic information through:
- Discussions of current topics in biostatistics and epidemiology
- Statistical programming, including SAS topics
- Presentations from professional Epidemiologists and Biostatisticians
We welcome you to join us at our next meeting or event.
About the Association
This Association is composed of all students matriculated in degree programs in the Department of Biostatistics & Epidemiology at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (OUHSC). Other students in the degree programs offered throughout the OUHSC campus, who are interested in supporting the goals of the Association, are eligible to join. These individuals are herein referred to as Members of the Association. Unclassified and special students enrolled in classes offered by the OUHSC shall be eligible to be nonvoting members.
The objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To promote awareness of the importance of biostatistical and epidemiological issues on the OUHSC campus and in the Oklahoma City community.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of information and discussion of current developments in the fields of Biostatistics & Epidemiology.
- To conduct regular meetings for the discussion of current issues in the literature, such as the departmental journal club.
- To promote advancement in the fields of biostatistics and epidemiology.