Education and Training:
- Ph.D. in Epidemiology, University of Oklahoma, 2016
- MPH in Epidemiology, University of Oklahoma, 2010
- B.S. in Health and Exercise Science, University of Oklahoma, 2008
Appointments and Positions:
- Assistant Professor of Research in Epidemiology, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 2016-Present
Complete List of Publications:
Most Recent 5 Publications:
- Martinez SA, Janitz AE, Erb-Alvarez J, Mowls DS, Campbell JE, Anderson T. Cancer among American Indians – Identifying Priority Areas in Oklahoma. Accepted to J Okla State Med Assoc. In press.
- Mowls DS, Brame LS, Martinez SA, Beebe LA. Lifestyle behaviors among US cancer survivors. Journal of Cancer Survivorship. 2016:1-7.
- White AH, Brown-Johnson CG, Martinez SA, Paulson S, Beebe LA. Oklahoma "Tobacco Stops with Me" Media Campaign Effects on Attitudes toward Secondhand Smoke. J Okla State Med Assoc. Nov 2015;108(11):450-454.
- Martinez SA, Beebe LA, Campbell JE. Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline Utilization and Cessation Among American Indians. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. Jan 2015;4 8 (1, Supplement 1):S47-S53.
- Campbell JE, Martinez SA, Janitz AE, et al. Cancer incidence and staging among American Indians in Oklahoma. The Journal of the Oklahoma State Medical Association. Mar 2014; 107(3): 99-107.
- Health Disparities
- Program Evaluation
Current Research Projects:
- Tobacco use patterns among American Indians and populations of low socioeconomic status
- Evaluation of the American Indian Data Community of Practice, sponsored by the Office of the Tribal Liaison
- Evaluation of tribal tobacco and substance abuse prevention programs
- Cancer health morbidity and mortality among American Indians using Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program data
- Epidemiologist in the Oklahoma Shared Clinical and Translational Resources Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design core