EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Ph.D., Epidemiology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK
- M.P.H., Epidemiology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK
- M.B.B.S., Rawalpindi Medical College, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
APPOINTMENTS AND POSITIONS:
- Assistant Professor, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, OUHSC, 2011-Present
- GKFF Chair in Public Health Epidemiology, OU Schusterman Center, 2011-Present
- Mushtaq, N., Skaggs, V.J., Thompson, D.M. (2008) “Effect of breastfeeding education and support on promoting breastfeeding: a literature review.” Journal of Oklahoma State Medical Association. 101(10):231-6
- Mushtaq, N., Beebe, L.A., Thompson, D.M., Skaggs, V.J. (2010) “Smokeless tobacco and prevalence of cardiovascular disease.” Journal of Oklahoma State Medical Association. 103(11-12):539-44.
- Mushtaq, N., Mushtaq, S., Beebe, L.A. (2011) “Economics of tobacco control in Pakistan: Estimating elasticities of cigarette demand.” Tobacco Control. 20(6):431-5.
- Mushtaq, N., Beebe, L.A., Vesely, S.K. (2011) “Determinants of salivary cotinine concentrations among smokeless tobacco users.” Nicotine & Tobacco Research.
- Mushtaq, N., Beebe, L.A. (2011) “A review of the validity and reliability of smokeless tobacco dependence measures”. Addictive Behaviors.
- Epidemiology of chronic diseases and epidemiologic methods
- Epidemiology of tobacco use particularly smokeless tobacco, tobacco dependence, tobacco use behaviors, and evaluation of tobacco control policies
- Global health