EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Ph.D., Biostatistics, University of Washington
- M.S., Biostatistics, University of Washington
- B.S., Mathematics, Statistics, (Summa Cum Laude), Kansas State University
APPOINTMENTS AND POSITIONS:
- Chair, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, 2011-present
- Professor, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, 2011-present
- Professor, College of Medicine, 2011-present
- Graduate College Liaison, Clinical and Translational Sciences Program, 2008-present
- Director, Biostatistics and Epidemiology Research Design and Analysis Center, 2008-present
- Associate Professor, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, 2007-2011
- Associate Professor, College of Medicine, 2007-2011
- Associate Professor, Department of Biostatistics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 2006-2007
- Assistant Professor, Section of Biostatistics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 2000-2006
- Lead Statistician, Retinoblastoma Committee; Soft Tissue Sarcoma Committee. Children's Oncology Group, 2000-2007
- Instructor, University of Washington, 1999
- Stoner, J.A., Leroux, B.G., Puumala, M. (2010) "Optimal Combination of Estimating Equations in the Analysis of Multilevel Nested Correlated Data." Statistics in Medicine. 29(4): 464-473. NIHMSID: NIHMS151616.
- Prodan, C.I., Stoner, J.A., Cowan, L.D., Dale G.L. (2010) "Lower coated-platelet levels are associated with early hemorrhagic transformation in patients with non-lacunar brain infarction." J Thromb Haemost. 8(6):1185-90. Epub 2010 Mar 9.
- Arndt, C.A., Stoner, J.A., Hawkins, D.S., Rodeberg, D.A., Hayes-Jordan, A.A., Paidas, C.N., Parham, D.M., Teot, L.A., Wharam, M.D., Breneman, J.C., Donaldson, S.S., Anderson, J.R., Meyer, W.H. (2009) "Vincristine, Actinomycin, and Cyclophosphamide Compared With Vincristine, Actinomycin, and Cyclophosphamide Alternating With Vincristine, Topotecan, and Cyclophosphamide for Intermediate-Risk Rhabdomyosarcoma: Children's Oncology Group Study D9803." J Clin Oncol. 27(31): 5182-8.
- Stoner, J.A., Payne, J.B., (2008) "Interpretation of treatment effects in periodontal research: A note on the number needed to treat." Journal of the Canadian Dental Association. 74(5): 437-439.
- Payne, J.B., Stoner, J.A., Nummikoski, P.V., Reinhardt, R.A., Wolff, M.S., Goren, A.D., Lee, H.M., Lynch, J.C., Valente, R. Golub, L.M. (2007) "Efficacy of Subantimicrobial Dose Doxycycline in Postmenopausal Women: Part I Alveolar Bone." Journal of Clinical Periodontology. 34(9):776-87.
- Cramer, M.E., Atwood, J.R., and Stoner, J.A. (2006) "A Conceptual Model for Understanding Effective Coalitions Involved in Health Promotion Programming." Public Health Nursing. 23(1):67-73.
- Kalil, A. C., Levitsky, J., Lyden, E., Stoner, J., & Freifeld, A. G. (2005). “Meta-analysis: the efficacy of strategies to prevent organ disease by cytomegalovirus in solid organ transplant recipients.” Annals of Internal Medicine, 143(12), 870-880.
- Mueller, K.J., Stoner, J.A., Shambaugh-Miller, M.D., Lucas, W.O., Pol, L.G. (2003) "A method for identifying places in rural America at risk of not being able to support adequate health services." The Journal of Rural Health. 19(4):450-60.
- Stoner, J.A. and Leroux, B.G. (2002) "Analysis of Clustered Data, A Combined Estimating Equations Approach". Biometrika. 89(3):567-578.
Complete Listing of Publications
- Regression modeling methods for the analysis of correlated data, arising from longitudinal follow-up or cluster sampling studies
- Design, monitoring, and analysis of clinical trial data, particularly in the areas of oncology, endocrinology, and dentistry
- Statistical Computing Code
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS:
- Examining Multilevel Associations in Dental Research: The major goals of this project are to develop regression modeling macros for fitting and statistically comparing separate within-mouth, across-time, and between-subject effects in correlated data regression models. Guidelines for study design will be developed and methods will be applied to an existing study of periodontitis to identify oral and systemic factors associated with alveolar bone loss and periodontitis progression over a 2-year period, distinguishing among effects of chronic or patient-level associations and associations with acute changes over time or spatial variation within a mouth.
- Lipoproteins and PEDF in the Vascular Complications of Diabetes: The major goals of this project are to determine and compare the relationships between NMR-defined lipoprotein subclasses and PEDF levels with cardiovascular disease, retinopathy and nephropathy complications in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.