Education and Training:
- Ph.D., Biostatistics and Epidemiology, 2003, Univ. of Oklahoma
- M.S., Biostatistics and Epidemiology, 1999, Univ. of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
- B.S., Physical Therapy, 1984, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
- M.Ed., Educational Foundations, 1981, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii
- B.A., History, 1974, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
Most Recent 5 Publications:
- Malone JR, Durica SR, Thompson DM, Bogie A, Naifeh M. Blood cultures in the evaluation of uncomplicated skin and soft tissue infections. Pediatrics. 2013 Sep;132(3):454-9. doi: 10.1542/peds.2013-1384. Epub 2013 Aug 5. PMID: 23918896
- Darden PM, Thompson DM, Roberts D, Hale JJ, Pope C, Naifeh M, Jacobson R. Reasons for Not Vaccinating Adolescents: National Immunization Survey of Teens, 2008-2010. Pediatrics. 2013 Apr;131(4):645-51. doi: 10.1542/peds.2012-2384. Epub 2013 Mar 18. PMID: 23509163.
- Thompson DM, Fernald DH, Mold JW. Intra-Class Correlation Coefficients Typical of Cluster-Randomized Studies: Estimates from the Robert Wood Johnson Prescription for Health Projects. Annals of Family Medicine 2012;10:235-240. PMID: 22585888 PMCID: PMC3354973
- Tryggestad JB, Thompson DM, Copeland KC, Short KR. Sex differences in vascular compliance in normal weight but not obese boys and girls: the effect of body composition. Int J Pediatr. 2012;2012:607895. Epub 2012 Mar 11. PMID: 22505944
- Ozcan MS, Ozcan MD, Khan QS, Thompson DM, Chetty PK. Does nitrous oxide affect bispectral index and state entropy when added to a propofol versus sevoflurane anesthetic? J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 2010: 22, 309-15. PMID: 20844378
- Analysis of longitudinal and other correlated data
- Evidence-based health care.
- Provides research design and statistical support to a variety of projects in public health and clinical medicine.
Current Research Projects:
- Oklahoma Shared Clinical and Translational Resources (OSCTR) (9/1/2013 – 6/30/2018), awarded by the NIH/NCRR to Judith James MD, principal investigator Role: Director, Training Unit.
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Department of Pediatrics (7/1/2014 – 6/31/2015. Role: statistical analysis and research design support for research projects of the Department of Pediatrics.
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Department of Neurology (7/1/2014 – 6/31/2015. Role: statistical analysis and research design support for research projects of the Department of Pediatrics.
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Maternal Child Health Bureau. (2/1/2011-1/31/2014) awarded to PM Darden, principal investigator. Role: biostatistician