EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Ph.D., Statistics, Iowa State University, 2002
- M.S., Statistics, Iowa State University, 1998
- B.S., Mathematics, Peking University, 1996
APPOINTMENTS AND POSITIONS:
- Associate Professor, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemioloyg, OUHSC, 2011-present
- Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Sciences and Simmons Cancer Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 2010-2011
- Sr. Research Scientist, Eli Lilly and Company, 2006-2010
- Research Scientist, Eli Lilly and Company, 2004-2006
- Sr. Statistician, Eli Lilly and Company, 2002-2004
Selected Publications: (Selected from 50)
- Zhao YD, Rahardja D, Wang D, Shen H (2014). Testing for homogeneous stratum effects in stratified paired binary data. Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics, 24(3), 600–607
- Chang K, Li R, Papari-Zareei M, Watumull L, Zhao YD, Auchus R, and Sharifi N (2011). Dihydrotestosterone synthesis bypasses testosterone synthesis to drive castration-resistant prostate cancer. Proceedings of National Academy of Science, 108(33), 13728–13733.
- Matthiesen C, Thompson S, Ahmad S, Syzek E, Zhao YD, Herman T, Bogardus C (2013). A comparison of the 6th and 7th editions of the AJCC TNM systems for T-Classification and predicting the outcomes of advanced (T2-T4) non-melanoma skin cancers treated with radiotherapy. Journal of Radiation Oncology, 2(1), 79–85.
- Daniels, M.J. and Zhao, Y.D. (2003). Modeling the random effects covariance matrix in longitudinal data. Statistics in Medicine, 22, 1631–1647.
- Zhao, Y.D. (2006). Sample size estimation for the van Elteren test – a stratified Wilcoxon-Mann-Whitney test. Statistics in Medicine, 25, 2675–2687.
- Zhao, Y.D., Rahardja, D., and Qu, Y. (2008). Sample size calculation for the Wilcoxon-Mann-Whitney test adjusting for ties. Statistics in Medicine, 27, 462–468.
- Zhao, Y.D., Dmitrienko, A.,Tamura, R. (2010). Design and analysis considerations in clinical trials with a sensitive subpopulation. Statistics in Biopharmaceutical Research, 2(1), 72–83.
- Rahardja, D., Zhao, Y.D., and Zhang, H.H. (2010). Bayesian inference of odds ratios in misclassified binary data with a validation substudy. Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, 39(10), 1845–1854.
- Chiappori, A., Bepler, G , Barlesi, F., Soria, J.C., Reck, M., Bearz, A., Barata, F., Scagliotti,G., Park, K., Wagle, A., Liepa, A., Zhao, Y.D., Chouaki, N., Iscoe, N., von Pawel, J. (2010). Phase II, Double-blind, Randomized Study of Enzastaurin plus Pemetrexed as Second-line Therapy in Patients with Advanced Non-small Cell Lung Cancer. Journal of Thoracic Oncology, 5, 369–375.
Link to most current publications
- Multiple testing and adaptive designs in clinical trials
- Sample size and power calculations for nonparametric tests
- Design, monitoring, analysis, and reporting of clinical trial data
CURRENT MAJOR RESEARCH PROJECTS:
- Design and analysis issues in misclassified data
- Adaptive designs for clinical trials with sensitive subgroups of patients
- Collaborative projects in biology and medicine