- Wetherill, M. and Gray, K.A. (2015) Farmers' markets and the local food environment: Identifying perceived accessibility barriers for SNAP consumers receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) in an urban Oklahoma community. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 47(2), 127-133.
- Wetherill, M. (2008). Effectively Counseling the HIV Patient with Limited Health Literacy. Positive Communications HIV/AIDS Practice Group Newsletter.
- Wetherill, M. (Ed.) (2006). HIV/AIDS. In Oklahoma Nutrition Manual. Oklahoma Dietetic Association.
Professional Peer-reviewed/Competitive Presentations:
- Wetherill, M., John, R., Wheeler, D., Moore, A., Ackerman, K. Associations between frequent mental distress, perceived HIV stigma, and food insecurity among low-income HIV/AIDS patients: Implications for HIV care programs (Abstract ID # 328269). American Public Health Association Annual Conference, November 2015.
- Wetherill, M., Hixson, L., Amberg, S., Berger-Marshall, M. Assessing community readiness for food pantry nutrition initiatives (Abstract ID # 335311). American Public Health Association Annual Conference, November 2015.
- Briggs, J., Wetherill, M., Franklin, S. Reframing Positive: Exploring determinants of engagement in HIV care through PhotoVoice (Poster Abstract # 336962). American Public Health Association Annual Conference. November 2015
- Wetherill, M., John, R., Wheeler, D., Moore, A. HIV and hunger in the heartland: Estimates of food insecurity among Oklahomans with HIV/AIDS receiving Ryan White care (poster), Oklahoma Public Health Association Conference, 2015.
- Gray, K.A., Wetherill, M., Williams, M., Gray, K.A., Stearns, J., Swearingen, S. Bringing local food to low-income tables in Oklahoma. NASW-Oklahoma Annual State Conference, 2015.
- Wetherill, M. & Gray, K.A. Factors associated with participant response to a SNAP-based farmers’ market intervention, Council on Social Work Education Conference, 2014.
- Wetherill, M. Prevalence of food insecurity and its impact on HIV-associated health outcomes among low-income, HIV-positive individuals living in Oklahoma (poster), Oklahoma Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Spring Convention, 2013.
- Cherian, D. & Wetherill, M. Prevalence of nutrition-related risk factors to inform a nutritional risk screening tool for low-income people living with HIV/AIDS in Central Oklahoma (poster), Oklahoma Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Spring Convention, 2013.
- Gray, K.A. & Wetherill, M. Low-income access to the Cherry Street Farmers’ Market, Part II (poster), OU-Tulsa Research Forum, 2012.
- Wetherill, M. Outcomes-Based Nutrition Programming (continuing education presentation), Association of Nutrition Services Agencies National Conference, Philadelphia, PA, 2010.
Professional Presentations (Invited):
- Wetherill, M. Food Insecurity as a Major Determinant of Health and Chronic Disease Outcomes (continuing education presentation), Oklahoma Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Fall Symposium, 2013.
- Wetherill, M. HIV/AIDS in Oklahoma (continuing education presentation), Oklahoma City District Dietetic Association, 2013.