Education and Training:
- Ph.D. in Biostatistics, University of Oklahoma, 2016
- MPH in Biostatistics, University of Oklahoma, 2008
- B.S. in Zoology, University of Oklahoma, 2000
Appointments and Positions:
Assistant Professor of Research in Biostatistics, Department of Biostatistics and Biostatistics, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 2017-Present
Complete List of Publications:
Most Recent 5 Publications:
- Kendzor DE, Businelle MS, Waters AF, Frank SG, Hébert ET. Financial Strain Indirectly Influences Smoking Cessation through Withdrawal Symptom Severity. Drug & Alcohol Dependence. In press.
- Vidrine DJ, Frank SG, Savin, MJ, Waters AJ, Li Y, Chen S, Fletcher FE, Arduino RC, Gritz ER. HIV Care Initiation: A Teachable Moment for Smoking Cessation? Nicotine Tob Res, In Press.
- Hoover DS, Wetter DW, Vidrine DJ, Nguyen N, Frank SG, Li Y, Waters AJ, Meade CD, Vidrine JI. Enhancing smoking risk communications: The influence of health literacy and message content. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, In Press.
- Wagener TL, Floyd EL, Driskill LM, Frank SG, Meier E; Leavens EL, Tackett AP, Stepanov I, Molina N, Queimado L. Have combustible cigarettes met their match? The nicotine delivery profiles and harmful constituent exposures of second- and third-generation electronic cigarette users. Tob Control. 2017 Mar;26(e1):e23-e28. DOI: 10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2016-053041. Epub 2016 Oct 11.
- Businelle, MS, Ping M, Kendzor, DE, Frank, SG, Vidrine, DJ, Wetter, DW. An ecological momentary intervention for smoking cessation: evaluation of feasibility and effectiveness. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 2016 Dec 12;18(12):e321. PMID: 27956375
- Multilevel/Mixed Model Methods
- Longitudinal Data Analysis
- Missing Data Problems
Current Research Projects:
- Smoking cessation for cervical cancer survivors in a safety net healthcare system
- The influence of HIV disease events/stages on smoking attitudes and behaviors: project STATE (Study of Tobacco Attitudes and Teachable Events)
- Randomized controlled trial to assess the efficacy of an interactive mobile messaging interventions for underserved smokers: Project
- ACTION (Adult smoking Cessation Treatment through innovative Outreach to Neighborhoods)
- Missing data problems in tobacco cessation studies
- Analysis of binary outcomes in the presence of time varying covariates