Harry Beaulieu, Ph.D, 2021 Distinguished Alumni Award Recipient!
The 2022 Distinguished Alumni Award recipient for the Department of Occupational and Environmental Health is Dr. Harry Beaulieu, a 1976 PhD alumnus!
Dr. Beaulieu is part of the first generation of industrial hygienists to enter the field after the establishment of OSHA. Dr. Beaulieu has been prominent in professional service to the field of industrial hygiene for many years. His contributions to the profession include:
- Founder, Industrial Hygiene Resources, headquartered in Boise, ID.
- Professor of Industrial Hygiene and Environmental Health at Colorado State University
- Member, 1991-2003, Editorial Review Board, Applied Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, the official journal of the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH),
- Director, 1997-2003, American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH), the credentialing body for Certified Industrial Hygienists
- Director, 2004-2007, and Treasurer, 2009-2012, American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)
- Member and chair, 1997-2001, Joint Committee on Ethics and Education for the ABIH, ACGIH, AIHA, and American Academy of Industrial Hygiene
In 2011 Dr. Beaulieu was awarded the AIHA recognition as Fellow. In 2020, Dr. Beaulieu received the Donald E. Cummings Memorial Award from the AIHA in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the knowledge and practice of the profession of industrial hygiene as well as his contributions outside the field.
After a career of more than 40 years as an industrial hygienist, Dr. Beaulieu is semi-retired from the consulting firm he founded, and is now training for a second career as a physician assistant in order to practice with medically underserved populations.