As the only accredited School of Public Health in Oklahoma, we are committed to rigorous academic and professional standards to ensure excellence in our educational, research and service missions. Accreditation by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) is the benchmark of quality in the evaluation of public health schools and programs across the nation. To maintain this high standard, we invite alumni to provide feedback on outcomes, curriculum and overall planning processes, including self-study.
The Hudson College of Public Health Alumni Advisory Board serves to advance the reputation and strength of the Hudson College of Public Health at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and University of Oklahoma Schusterman Center. As advisors to the College, members provide information and assistance in reaching its goals. The Board provides insight into the College’s operations and interprets the College’s activities to Oklahoma communities and its citizens.
- Provide advice regarding human and fiscal resources to the Dean
- Function as an advisory group to the Dean, the College, the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and OU-Tulsa Schusterman Center
- Engage community stakeholders, alumni, employers and other community partners
- Assist the Dean in developing and implementing an operational strategic plan for the College
- Help strengthen relationships with the College’s alumni
- Increase alumni participation and involvement in College activities
- Assist in helping students with mentoring, internships and post-graduation placement
- Provide leadership in fundraising for the College
- Assist in external communications and public relations
The Advisory Board consists of 15 to 25 members broadly representing graduates and professionals from each of our four departments. The term of Board membership is two years with reappointment possible.
STRUCTURE AND WORK
Meetings are structured as a gathering of thought leaders that can actively engage in productive dialogue to strengthen an academic and service partnership.
The Alumni Advisory Board will meet virtually one to two times a year for approximately 90 minutes.
For more information about the Alumni Advisory Board, contact Kyndall Wahkinney, Director of Alumni Affairs and Communication at email@example.com