*GRE and TOEFL Update*
Recognizing that testing centers are closed at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are responding by changing our GRE and TOEFL test requirements. Details are found in the GRE and TOEFL sections below.
How to Apply to The University of Oklahoma Hudson College of Public Health
All applicants who wish to apply for admission to degree programs at the OU Hudson College of Public Health must apply, submit, and pay the fees for two electronic applications:
1. Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS)
2. Hudson College of Public Health Supplemental Application
SOPHAS is the centralized application service used by accredited schools of public health. SOPHAS will collect information and the required materials and make the application available to the OU Hudson College of Public Health as well as other schools designated.
The College will review applications online using a website maintained by SOPHAS. Therefore, all application materials should be sent to SOPHAS, not to the Hudson College of Public Health. Materials sent to the College rather than to SOPHAS will not be available to the Admissions Committee for consideration through the SOPHAS review website.
Please use the CHECK YOUR STATUS function of the SOPHAS application to track the receipt of required materials (references, transcripts, test scores, etc.). You will find this feature on the homepage of your application when you sign in.
Applicants may apply to two degree programs in the SOPHAS application. Applicants must select the same degree program(s) in the Hudson College of Public Health Supplemental Application as in the SOPHAS application.
A complete application to the OU Hudson College of Public Health will include:
1. Completed SOPHAS application (www.sophas.org) and payment of required fee.
2. The University of Oklahoma Hudson College of Public Health supplemental application (apps.ouhsc.edu/admissions) and fee.
Helpful Contact Information
Hudson College of Public Health, Office of Student Services
(405) 271-2308 or Toll Free (877) 805-6901
FAX (405) 271-3299
OUHSC Office of Admissions and Records: (405) 271-2359
OUHSC Office of Financial Aid: (405) 271-2118
SOPHAS application: The documentation identified below must be uploaded and received in SOPHAS:
- U.S. applicants
SOPHAS requires a separate official transcript from every U.S. and Canadian institution attended. You must arrange for official transcripts from all prior undergraduate, graduate, and professional study to be sent to SOPHAS. (Address below.) The application process also requires you to complete a section detailing all degrees earned and institutions attended. You are required to list and give information concerning all coursework you have taken (undergraduate, graduate and professional programs). You will need to have a copy of your transcripts in hand so that you will be able to complete the coursework section of the application. Do not enter foreign courses taken at Universities outside the U.S. or Canada.
- International applicants
International applicants to the OU Hudson College of Public Health are required to submit transcripts/mark sheets to the World Education Services (www.wes.org) for a course-by-course evaluation. Applicants should designate SOPHAS to receive the evaluation.
English language proficiency : International applicants are required to submit TOEFL scores to SOPHAS using the designation code #5688. Minimum acceptable TOEFL score for most programs is 88 IBT. The MHA program requires a TOEFL score of 100 IBT; the PhD program in OEH requires a minimum TOEFL score of 90 IBT. IELTS or other language proficiency tests will not be accepted. Additional information about the TOEFL requirement is available at OUHSC's TOEFL page. See update to TOEFL police below:
Revision of TOEFL requirement due to COVID-19 pandemic: effective March 19, 2020
- International applications without the TOEFL score will be reviewed if the application is complete otherwise. It is likely that the Admissions Committee will require a different means of evaluating English proficiency such as a virtual interview of the applicant who cannot supply a TOEFL score due to the closing of testing centers.
- SOPHAS mailing address
P.O. Box 9111
Watertown, MA 02471
GRE test scores : Applicants to all degrees and programs in the College of Public Health are required to submit an official GRE score. SOPHAS should be designated to receive the scores by using the designation code #4244. See update to GRE policy below:
Revision of GRE requirement due to COVID-19 pandemic: effective March 19, 2020
- Due to the sudden closure of many GRE testing sites in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, MPH applicants to the Hudson College of Public Health will not be required to submit GRE test score reports. Applications that are complete except for the GRE will be reviewed. Applicants will be contacted by the Admissions Committee if any additional information in lieu of the GRE is needed.
- MHA, MS and PhD applications complete except for GRE scores will also be reviewed. Admissions committees reviewing these applications will contact applicants if additional information is needed.
Career goal statement : This personal essay should be created in a word processing program and pasted into the online SOPHAS application. Complete instructions are within the SOPHAS application.
Current CV/ Résumé : The SOPHAS application allows applicants to upload the CV or resumé before electronically submitting the application. It is not possible to upload the resumé to the SOPHAS application after e-submission of the application. It is important to upload the resumé into the SOPHAS application. Any document not received by SOPHAS will not be visible to the Admissions Committee when they review application files.
Recommendations : Three letters of academic or professional recommendation are preferable (personal references are not encouraged). Applicants will list recommenders’ contact information and SOPHAS will send the recommenders instructions concerning how to submit their recommendation electronically through an online SOPHAS recommenders’ portal. Recommendations must be submitted electronically. Further Instructions are available within the SOPHAS application. Paper-based letters will not be accepted.
Certificate in Population Health
Applicants to the Certificate in Population Health should follow the instructions for applying to the degree programs.
Certificate of Public Health
Applicants to the Certificate of Public Health should follow the instructions for applying to the degree programs.
Healthcare Administration Certificate for MBA Graduates
OU MBA/Healthcare Administration Certificate for OU-MBA students
Hudson College of Public Health Supplemental Application and Fee
All applicants to the OU Hudson College of Public Health are required to submit a supplemental application and fee. The supplemental application is available at: https://apps.ouhsc.edu/admissions/. Applicants must select the same program(s) in the supplemental application as in the SOPHAS application. Fee structure for the supplemental application are as follows:
- $100 for 1 or 2 professional programs (Certificate / MPH / MHA programs). If the applicant selects one professional program, the fee is $100; but if the applicant selects two professional programs the cost is still $100 (the same program(s) are selected in SOPHAS).
- $75 for 1 or 2 graduate program(s) (MS / PhD programs).
- $175 for one professional program AND one graduate program, i.e. applicant applies to both the MPH in Biostatistics and the MS in Biostatistics.