As of April 10, 2020, all University of Oklahoma current students and alumni who are seeking admission into any of the programs of the OU Hudson College of Public Health will not be required to submit a completed SOPHAS application. Programs are the MPH, MHA, MS, PhD, and the Certificate of Public Health.
For OU students and alums, a completed application will consist of:
- OUHSC Supplemental application and fee found at https://apps.ouhsc.edu/admissions/
- A career goal statement: an essay that explains your interest in the program you want to study and explains how the program will help you reach your career goals. This can be a Word document or a PDF file.
- Current résumé (Word or PDF)
- Three letters of reference
- GRE for MS, PhD, and MHA applicants only. Realizing that testing centers have closed for the foreseeable future, applications that are complete except for the GRE will be reviewed. Applicants will be contacted by the Admissions Committee if any additional information in lieu of the GRE is needed. If the applicant took the GRE test before centers closed, the electronic score report sent by ETS to the applicant should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The supplemental application will require that you enter your SOPHAS ID number. Since you will not have a SOPHAS number, enter 9 random numbers. Although the numbers are “fake,” the application will allow you to continue. You should ask three people (such as instructors or professors) who can attest to your academic ability, work habits, etc., to send a letter of recommendation to email@example.com. The letter should be addressed to Admissions Committee.
Please submit the supplemental application first and email firstname.lastname@example.org stating you have done so. We will then create a file so that we will be able to watch for and track your materials as they arrive. We will obtain your OU transcript from the OU-Norman, OUHSC, or OU-Tulsa campus. If you took any classes at other institutions that were transferred in to your OU degree, please arrange for official transcripts from those institutions to be sent to Admissions@ouhsc.edu . For example, you took 6 hours of history at a junior college in your hometown and those hours transferred to OU, you will need to arrange for the junior college to send the transcript to the email address listed. Alumni making application should arrange for official transcripts from all other institutions attended since graduating from OU to be sent to email@example.com.
We will send your application to be reviewed by the appropriate admissions committee as soon as we have all the required materials listed above.