Published: Monday, January 30, 2023
Biostatistician - Job Number: 230276
Organization: Biostatistics & Epidemiology
Job Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Salary Range: Negotiable Based on Experience
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter
Come join the staff at OU HSC and become a part of Oklahoma's premier research university which leads the state in education and career opportunities. OU HSC is one of only four comprehensive academic health centers in the nation with seven professional colleges. We are currently building world-class institutes for the treatment of diabetes and cancer.
- Collaborates with principal investigator and research staff in study design, development of research instruments, data management and analysis, interpretation of results, preparation of reports, and publication of research
- Areas of research include food insecurity, health disparities, and other chronic disease health research
- Projects are funded by local, state, and federal agencies, including the National Institutes of Health
- Collaborates with medical and scientific researchers in designing research studies.
Education: Masters Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Quantitative Psychology, Mathematics or related field.
Experience: 12 months professional experience in study design, instrument development, data collection and analysis and report preparation.
Equivalent/Substitution: Will accept a Bachelors Degree and 24 months of equivalent experience in lieu of the Masters Degree for a total of 36 months experience.
- Knowledge of designing research studies
- Knowledge of programming SAS and other statistical programs
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Ability to work with and analyze large data sets
Physical: Sitting for prolonged periods. Manual dexterity.
Environmental: Standard Office Environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Diversity Statement: The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?- Yes
Special Indications: None
Job Posting: Jan 27, 2023